Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chapter One-Page 3

Page 3    
       As I entered the room Mrs.Rhinehart looked up from her desk and got up to talk to me, possibly about the upcomig play and talent show. "Hi Mrs.Rhinehart, what do you want to talk to me about?". She looked at me up and down, looking at the notebook in my right hand with such passion I thought she was going to grab it out of my hands like Golem from "Lord of the Rings".
      "Morning Cole, yes, is the piece of your score ready to be presented to the class?". Remember class the winning pieces will compete at the talent show to win the chance to make it into a play."
      "Yes ma'am I am ready." I walked to the piano, sat down and looked out into the crowd of the students, smiling a determined to win smile. I put my fingers on the piano keyboard and I cleared my mind of negative thoughts bringing only in the happiest of memories. The memory that I chose was Alexs' beautiful smile when she is proud that she accomplished something she couldn't do. When I played the notes from the music sheet it sounded like Christmas was once again here with angels descending on the earth singing with harmonious voices all around quieting the harsh voices of man. After I had finished the song my peers cheered and Mrs. Rhinehart was put to tears as though she could really understand the meaning behind the notes. She stood up and announced the winning pieces which I was one of the five winners to play in the talent show

No comments:

Post a Comment